Sunday, November 29

I am the new thoughtful poet,
I shall make you rhyme.

Do you see me look at the sea?
The sea, mucky sea, in the sea, all the sea?
You and I live there
Down near the sea horses with the beauty.

Struck with youth and youth,
I old, I write it on my body
[poet, poems, I’ll spread my legs]
Do you see me look at the sea?

The day gods silence my sea,
Covet my echoes in the water
and run hiding to the doors of dead, brown wood.
Do you see me look at the sea?
I be by the window. I be.

I cover in paper, wrap
To call you near the sea
I’ll kiss you away from the window
away from the salty see-me sprays,
wait. But do you see me look at the sea?

Bright little stars skip me by the minute-
Talk about taking time, straddling or whatever:
You see my common black hair.
What will you do with a cardboard of blackness on my
Curvy little body.

See me.
Do you see me look at the sea?
Throw yourself in,
I don’t come singing in the evenings on a moonlit rock.
I sieve through dear lies
Of looking at a picture,
and writing a thoughtful poem.